« Home | BMW Stats for Saturday » | Story time » | Be a plot machine - ask me how! » | Link-Fu » | How not to be my housemate/How not to get an agent » | BMW Stats » | A post not about querying » | It's gone to phone calls... » | Queries #2-11 update the fifth » | Queries #12-14 update »

Representin'

If my loyal readers (all 4 of you) will look to the right of your screen, you will notice a small but significant change in my profile.

I have an agent.

As of 7:45 PST this morning, I'm represented by the incomparable Rachel Vater of the Lowenstein-Yost agency. Rachel has a phenomenal background in publishing, including a stint with Donald Maass, and many, many deals this year alone...and she LOVES my book.

I just wanted to thank everyone for their support and their excitement, which matches mine--but not quite. This is still a bit surreal for me...all told, it was only about 3 1/2 weeks since querying my first agent to getting representation. 3 1/2 weeks, in the book world, is an eye blink.

It's crazy. I'll post more when this has all sunk in, but I know I promised you a query-letter post once the agent thing had shaken out, and since it has...I'll link you to Rachel's post instead, using my query letter to her as an example.

Queries 101 by Rachel, featuring Caitlin's query

More soon!

Yay! Congrats!

I sent you an email already but I'll just say it here too! Congratulations! :D

Of course you realize now that other writers have heard of you and your faboo dream agent line-up, you will get more comments (like this one!).
Congratulations!

Congratulations!!! You can raise your loyal readers to 5...I've been following your story since I found it after the Seattle writers weekend, and then Rachel's blog when you linked to it last week or so. So very exciting! I can't wait to read the book!

Congrats and welcome to Rachel's list!

I absolutely adore Rachel (I think most of her clients do) and am thrilled to hear that you signed with her. Her passion is amazing.

I'll look fwd to hearing of your sale--and to reading your novel.

regards,
Melissa

Thanks Ann! It's still all so very surreal.

Melissa, thank you so much for the welcome, and Vern, Jo and Calendula too!

I promise I'll be more coherent tomorrow, but this has been literally the one of the biggest day of my life, and it's still sinking in...

I'm late (of course) but I wanted to say congrats!!!

(and to give us juicy details plskthx!)

Post a Comment

About the Writer

  • Luna
  • Nocturne City
  • I've been a homcide detective in Nocturne City for two years and a werewolf for a good bit longer than that. I wasn't born this way, but now it's who I am. Sure, balancing my work life and keeping my secret from almost everyone I care about can be stressful, but after a few full moons a girl learns how to deal--or at least how to accessorize for fur, fangs and claws.
Profile