« Home | Link-Fu » | How not to be my housemate/How not to get an agent » | BMW Stats » | A post not about querying » | It's gone to phone calls... » | Queries #2-11 update the fifth » | Queries #12-14 update » | Queries 2-11 update the fourth » | Query #15 » | Queries #12-14 »

Be a plot machine - ask me how!

Things were good. Plugging along on BMW, excited about it.

Then, today, I had yet another idea spring fully formed from my brow. Now, this almost never happens to me. I agonize over plotting. I make notes, I talk to writing friends, I revise and revise before anything goes on paper. Yet, the following happened:

HERO TIME
Sentenced to community service for accidentially allowing super-villain Retroactive vaporize the top of the Space Needle, super-heroine Insight is assigned to babysit a team of "Auxies" (auxilary heros.) Her life couldn't possibly get any worse, until Retroactive devises a way to give normal people superpowers. Outnumbered in a city that now sees Retro as a savior, Insight has to turn her team of wannabes into hero material--fast. As if things weren't complicated enough, she must also choose between her cute/sensitive/white night teammate and the dangerous/bad/not allowed! attraction she seems to be developing towards Retroactive.

Yeah, I may be cracked, but I'd be interested if my (2.5) loyal readers had opinions about which plot summary reads as more enjoyable to them, because let's face it, we're all in this to sell something. Someday.

Thoughts?

Well, I lean towards the superhero one because I'm a nut when it comes to superhero stuff...and I just wrote one myself. *g*

But I think the hook for the other one is stronger (at least to me). Good twin vs bad twin? Love that.

So that was like, no help at all, huh?

Truthfully, I like both of them. :)

I like both, too, but I think I prefer the first one. Something about it seemed more realistic to me. Granted, I prefer more realistic stories, and I love stuff about witchcraft. I might be a little biased. :)

Post a Comment

About the Writer

  • Luna
  • Nocturne City
  • I've been a homcide detective in Nocturne City for two years and a werewolf for a good bit longer than that. I wasn't born this way, but now it's who I am. Sure, balancing my work life and keeping my secret from almost everyone I care about can be stressful, but after a few full moons a girl learns how to deal--or at least how to accessorize for fur, fangs and claws.
Profile