« Home | Fin. » | NIGHT LIFE, the novel that wants to be a movie » | A squee-worthy day » | Query #1 » | Whee! » | No, I swear, this time it's really done... » | Gore Verbinski, your roots are showing » | Screenplay Complete » | Braaaaaains (are funny things) » | Putting the Pro in Procrastination »

Queries #2-11

Sent out 10 more queries this past Friday via email, because I am a) broke and b) slightly lazy.

Had some much-needed assistance from Jackie, who not only named a character in her forthcoming paranormal romance after me, but kicked my query letter into shape and helped me build my submissions list. You should all go buy Hell's Belles right this second. Seriously. I'll wait.

(Oh, and go to her web site as well: http://www.jackiekessler.com )

Back? Fan-freakin-tastic.

Queries #2-11 were all e-queries, one solicited, 10 unsolicited. Metrics follow.

Total submissions: 11
# solicited: 1
# unsoliticed: 10 (7 query letters, 3 queries w/writing samples)

Requested: 6
# requested that also contained a sample: 2 (out of 3, proving with a huge sigh of relief on A Vampire's part that her writing doesn't totally suck.)
# of fulls: 2 from unsoliticed queries, 1 by agent's request w/o query.
# of partials: 3 from unsoliticed queries (although one partial was 100 pages, hardly a small chunk of the work.)

I was, frankly, AMAZED at the response time of these lovely people. I sent out my query batch Thursday evening and Friday morning there were 5 heart-stopping emails sitting in my inbox. I had prepared my admittedly impatient self to wait weeks, if not months, for any sort of nibble. I had to clamp a hand over my mouth when I opened my Yahoo! account from work and saw all the replies.

So yeah. The "Requested Material"s are currently winging their way east in the tender hands of priority mail.

We'll see.

Yay! Good luck!

You know, I visited Jackie's site the other day and read the excerpt and thought to myself, "Hey, I wonder if that character's named after Caitlin."

Dude, I should become a psychic.

And WTH? I totally hate it when they give me word verifications that are impossible to decipher!

Quick! What am I thinking right now???

(My word verification was glnqq. Sounds like something you get stuck in your throat at a fancy restaurant.)

Dude, AWESOME! *cheers* This is so exciting!! Keep us updated!

Post a Comment

About the Writer

  • Luna
  • Nocturne City
  • I've been a homcide detective in Nocturne City for two years and a werewolf for a good bit longer than that. I wasn't born this way, but now it's who I am. Sure, balancing my work life and keeping my secret from almost everyone I care about can be stressful, but after a few full moons a girl learns how to deal--or at least how to accessorize for fur, fangs and claws.
Profile