« Home | Query #15 » | Queries #12-14 » | ... Writerapathy » | Queries #2-11 update the third » | New character blog » | Query #2-11 update, plus an aside... » | Queries #2-11 » | Fin. » | NIGHT LIFE, the novel that wants to be a movie » | A squee-worthy day »

Queries 2-11 update the fourth

Got a rejection from one of my Big 5 agents this evening.

However, rather than tearing out my hair and sobbing, my spirits were actually lifted a little bit.

-He wrote to me on a Sunday night, traditionally one of those pesky "weekend" days when agents hibernate and don't answer email.
-He included a short but comprehensive critique of the novel including some fairly glowing comments.
-He read the whole thing.
-It was a personal rejection, which I'm sure all of you know is rare as crap and to be highly prized.
-The basic message of the reject was "It's not you, it's me", which I found oddly sweet.

I'll post his name once this query thing is all said and done, but this agent is a stand-up guy and anyone who writes epic fantasy would be lucky-lucky-lucky to land him.

Sorry to hear about the rejection, but mucho mucho luck on the latest requests! :)

(Can I email you about the identity of the latest request? The timing's too coincidental so I think I know who it is?)

Yeah, go ahead and email and I'll spill names :)

Dude, that sounds soooo encouraging; if one agent read the whole thing, others will, too, and one of them is bound to fall in love!

Sounds like you have written a fantastic novel! I can't wait to hear how everything turns out!

Well. I'm also apparently illiterate because I can't decipher what I wrote down for your email addy. D:

Is it bawhite_[restofemailaddyhere]?

bawhite_wolf@yahoo.com :)

Post a Comment

About the Writer

  • Luna
  • Nocturne City
  • I've been a homcide detective in Nocturne City for two years and a werewolf for a good bit longer than that. I wasn't born this way, but now it's who I am. Sure, balancing my work life and keeping my secret from almost everyone I care about can be stressful, but after a few full moons a girl learns how to deal--or at least how to accessorize for fur, fangs and claws.
Profile