« Home | Villain or Antihero? (With a side trip into those ... » | 5 questions for aspiring authors to ask (themselves) » | Represented! Part 2 » | Representin' » | BMW Stats for Saturday » | Story time » | Be a plot machine - ask me how! » | Link-Fu » | How not to be my housemate/How not to get an agent » | BMW Stats »

I was going to put a snappy alliterative title here, but I couldn't think of anything.

There is seriously nothing worth writing about going on with me right now, so I've decided that I'd like to write a series of how to/rambling/ranty/insert word of choice here pieces on writing, submissions and stuff.

Since I don't pretend to know everything (I'm a Virgo, so I secretly think I DO know everything, I'm just too insecure to say it) I'd like to keep this really open-ended, with the actual entries being MY thoughts and MY opinions/experiences, going to the comment section so everyone who reads here can add their collective wisdom. Because let's face it, unpublished authors who try to give writing advice as if it were the be-all, end-all of writing advice just come off as pretentious gits.

I have a variety of topics in mind, some of them standard (queries, plotting) and some more off-beat (the internet writing community, scams) but if there's anything specifically you-all would like to discuss, please leave a comment here and I'll add it to the list.

Also, feel free to tell me I am, in fact, a pretentious git and to just abandon the whole idea and write about what I had for dinner last night.*


*Bruscetta

I'd love you to share how it goes, Caitlin! For that matter, if you want to post about what you had for dinner, I sure won't object...

Post a Comment

About the Writer

  • Luna
  • Nocturne City
  • I've been a homcide detective in Nocturne City for two years and a werewolf for a good bit longer than that. I wasn't born this way, but now it's who I am. Sure, balancing my work life and keeping my secret from almost everyone I care about can be stressful, but after a few full moons a girl learns how to deal--or at least how to accessorize for fur, fangs and claws.
Profile